Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr> on 2004/02/03 12:08:06 UTC

State/size of pools ?

Hi cocooners ! (again)

Is there a way to show the content at time t of objects pools ?
By debug traces ? a special-secret-powerfull-tool ;) ?

Thanks for your answers !

--
Olivier BILLARD

Re: State/size of pools ?

Posted by Stephan Coboos <cr...@gmx.net>.

Olivier Billard wrote:

> On 04/02/2004 12:37, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Olivier Billard wrote:
>>
>>> Hi cocooners ! (again)
>>>
>>> Is there a way to show the content at time t of objects pools ?
>>> By debug traces ? a special-secret-powerfull-tool ;) ?
>>

>> There is some secret super-powerful tool... Name is
>> excalibur-instrument-manager, and when instrumentation enabled, you
>> can launch some GUI app to see what's happening. I've not used it
>> yet; archives should have mentionings of it.
>>
>> Vadim
>

> Oh oh :) ! Seems really a great super-secret-powerfull tool !
> Thanks a lot Vadim !
> I've heard of "instruments" in a training course of Mr Wallez ;).
> I'll check into this...

Hello Oliver,

would you tell me, how to use this
instrumentation-secrect-powerfull-wow-tool? I have seen a file named
instrumentation.xconf but it shows me nothing ;-)

Thank you.

Stephan

Re: State/size of pools ?

Posted by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr>.
On 04/02/2004 12:37, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Olivier Billard wrote:
>
>> Hi cocooners ! (again)
>>
>> Is there a way to show the content at time t of objects pools ?
>> By debug traces ? a special-secret-powerfull-tool ;) ?
>

> There is some secret super-powerful tool... Name is
> excalibur-instrument-manager, and when instrumentation enabled, you can
> launch some GUI app to see what's happening. I've not used it yet;
> archives should have mentionings of it.
>
> Vadim

Oh oh :) ! Seems really a great super-secret-powerfull tool !
Thanks a lot Vadim !
I've heard of "instruments" in a training course of Mr Wallez ;).
I'll check into this...

Thanks again

--
Olivier BILLARD

Re: State/size of pools ?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 04.02.2004 17:14, Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:

>>There is some secret super-powerful tool... Name is
>>excalibur-instrument-manager, and when instrumentation enabled, you can
>>launch some GUI app to see what's happening. I've not used it yet;
>>archives should have mentionings of it.
>

> Any pointers on how to use it?

"build start-instrumentation-client" on the Cocoon root.

Joerg

Re: State/size of pools ?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 05.02.2004 01:47, Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:

>>You have to activate instrumentation in web.xml by uncommenting the
>>"enable-instrumentation" and "instrumentation-config" servlet
>>parameters, and then use the super-secret "startclient.bat" file I just
>>added in tools/instrumentation...
>>
>>Next, select "Instrument manager/Connect to instrument manager" and
>>click OK. You then see the available instruments and can open graphs on
>>them.
>
> Hmmm...sounds like this won't work with 2.1.2 or 2.1.3 even.

The startclient.bat was "just added" today - and removed as we already
have a build target in instrumentation-build.xml:

Re: State/size of pools ?

Posted by Andrzej Jan Taramina <an...@chaeron.com>.
> You have to activate instrumentation in web.xml by uncommenting the
> "enable-instrumentation" and "instrumentation-config" servlet
> parameters, and then use the super-secret "startclient.bat" file I just
> added in tools/instrumentation...
>
> Next, select "Instrument manager/Connect to instrument manager" and
> click OK. You then see the available instruments and can open graphs on
> them.

Hmmm...sounds like this won't work with 2.1.2 or 2.1.3 even.

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com

Re: State/size of pools ?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:

>>There is some secret super-powerful tool... Name is
>>excalibur-instrument-manager, and when instrumentation enabled, you can
>>launch some GUI app to see what's happening. I've not used it yet;
>>archives should have mentionings of it.
>>

>Any pointers on how to use it?

You have to activate instrumentation in web.xml by uncommenting the
"enable-instrumentation" and "instrumentation-config" servlet
parameters, and then use the super-secret "startclient.bat" file I just
added in tools/instrumentation...

Next, select "Instrument manager/Connect to instrument manager" and
click OK. You then see the available instruments and can open graphs on
them.

Enjoy!

Sylvain

Re: State/size of pools ?

Posted by Andrzej Jan Taramina <an...@chaeron.com>.
> There is some secret super-powerful tool... Name is
> excalibur-instrument-manager, and when instrumentation enabled, you can
> launch some GUI app to see what's happening. I've not used it yet;
> archives should have mentionings of it.

Any pointers on how to use it?

Thx!

Andrzej Jan Taramina