Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jagadeesh Mohan <as...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/15 05:31:36 UTC

Querying key cache

Hi,
    I would like to know if there is a way to query key cache.
Follow up question: Is there a way to use presence of key in key cache in
conditional updates.

Primary Use case is to figure out the dedup of the data.

--
With Regards,
Jagadeesh

Re: Querying key cache

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
Could keep another table and insert into it IF NOT EXISTS. If the insert is applied, you can act on it (perhaps inserting with a column indicating you're starting the action). When complete you can update the column to indicate completion

Of course this all sounds queue-like, sometimes it's better to use a queue.

--
Jeff Jirsa

Re: Querying key cache

Posted by Jagadeesh Mohan <as...@gmail.com>.
This is our use case. We would like to store series of events, and act on
event only once(dedup or abnormal event for same event id is expected to be
dropped). Thought of using key cache to check and insert. Would you suggest
any other work around?

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 11:10 AM, Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Sep 14, 2017, at 10:31 PM, Jagadeesh Mohan <as...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >     I would like to know if there is a way to query key cache.
>
> No
>
> > Follow up question: Is there a way to use presence of key in key cache
> in conditional updates.
>
> No
>

> > Primary Use case is to figure out the dedup of the data.
>
> You can open a JIRA for feature request if you think it's a compelling use
> case

With Regards,
Jagadeesh

Re: Querying key cache