Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Akhil Kumar <r1...@in.ibm.com> on 2003/07/31 09:18:08 UTC

Why are sequence related functions omitted for db/2

Hi,

I came to know today that Sequences are supported in db/2
I checked v 7.2 and v 8.1 both have it.
Is there any other reason why the ***sequecequery methods are not
implemented for platformdb2impl.

org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.platformDb2impl
should have all three Sequence related functions
The syntax of create and drop is same as Oracle.
Following is the syntax for Next Sequence

public String nextSequenceQuery(String sequenceName)
{
      return "values nextval for "+sequenceName ;
}
/// these two are same as oracle.
public String dropSequenceQuery(String sequenceName)
{
      return "drop sequence " + sequenceName;
}
public String createSequenceQuery(String sequenceName)
{
      return "create sequence " + sequenceName;
}

Should I submit a patch for this ? seems too trivial to have my name on
it...

Regards,
Akhil Kumar