Posted to dev@orc.apache.org by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org> on 2021/04/08 17:36:04 UTC

Apache ORC Versioning (Semantic Versioning)

Hi, All.

We know that there were some struggles to migrate from Apache ORC 1.5 to ORC 1.6 due to API compatibility.

Now, we are more careful at ORC 1.7, but I'm wondering if we have an official policy for Apache ORC versioning.

If it's not clear, I'd like to suggest to follow `Semantic Versioning` in Apache ORC project and to document it in Apache ORC website officially.

    https://semver.org

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Re: Apache ORC Versioning (Semantic Versioning)

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Panos and Owen.

Then, I'll make a PR to update the Apache ORC website to make it official.

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Panos Garefalakis <pa...@gmail.com>.