Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> on 2003/09/23 01:03:57 UTC

Publishing Screen broken?

Hi

when I try to publish within the "blog" publication then I receive the
following error:

An Error Occurred org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: java.lang.ClassCastException
java.lang.ClassCastException Original Exception:
java.lang.ClassCastException at
org.apache.cocoon.www.lenya.content.publishing.screen_xsp.generate(org.apache.cocoon.www.lenya.content.publishing.screen_xsp:394)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.generate(ServerPagesGenerator.java:260)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:548)
at

where at line 394 there seems to be a ClassCastException thrown:

      SiteTreeNode authoringNode = (SiteTreeNode)

        (this._xsp_module_helper.getAttribute(objectModel,
"sitetree","authoring-node",""))
      ;

There does not exist a sitetree within  the blog publication. Can this
be the cause?

Thanks

Michael

Re: Publishing Screen broken?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> In the long term we have to implement a safe way to test if
>>> a document is published.
>>

>> yes, this depends on the kind of repository and if the doc has a
>> workflow.
>

> I think it should work independently from the workflow.

+1

>>> -- BTW, which terms should we use to distinct between the
>>>    "live" workflow state and the existance of a document in the
>>>    "live" folder? By now, I use the word "published" for the
>>>    latter case.
>>

>> When do you need this differentiation? If a doc does not have a
>> workflow?
>> btw, I think Atom is using "issued" for first time publishing and
>> "modified" if the document is being
>> republished. I am currently not sure what NITF is using.
>

> In addition to that, a document can be published and in the authoring
> state at the same time (e.g., after it is published and then edited).
> So I think we need a differentiation.

right. I guess the term "published" is fine.

I still think it would make sense to instantiate a new workflow instead
of handling
"live" as a special state. Well, I guess we will see when we get more
experience with it.

Thanks

Michael

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

[...]

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>      SiteTreeNode authoringNode = (SiteTreeNode)
>>
>>        (this._xsp_module_helper.getAttribute(objectModel,
>> "sitetree","authoring-node",""))
>>      ;
>>
>> There does not exist a sitetree within  the blog publication. Can
>> this be the cause?
>

> Yes, the input module handling is somewhat strange - when the
> value is null, it returns an empty _String_ which causes the CCE.
>
> As a workaround, we should add an instanceof check.

ok

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

[...]