Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/08 22:45:56 UTC

Setting up IRC channel to promote discussions and getting help

HI All,

Sorry for cross posting.

I thinking about setting up ASF official IRC channel for Apache Flink.

Some of us could just hang out and provide answer or just ask for
question about Flink casually.

The channel could also be used for some "official" discussions which
can be recorded and shared in the dev@ list.

If there are some interests about it I could start working on it.

I found this is useful in other projects such as Bigtop , Aurora, and Tachyon

- Henry

Re: Setting up IRC channel to promote discussions and getting help

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Ok I saw #flink registered. I also have registered #apacheflink just in case.
But we could go with #flink at irc.freenode.org (or via
http://webchat.freenode.net) for now since most ASF projects do not
have Apache or ASF prefix.

With all the discussions winding down and seemed like we have positive
for Flink and update the website to reflect it.

Thanks everyone.

- Henry

PS: I am already in the channel so stop by and say hi =)

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.