Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com> on 2014/03/16 23:45:19 UTC

[jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf do17x

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39

-- Commit Summary --

  * Added support for the DigitalOcean provider

-- File Changes --

    M feature/src/main/resources/feature.xml (5)
    M itests/src/test/java/org/jclouds/karaf/itests/MiscFeaturesInstallationTest.java (5)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
The other test build is also unhappy with 76bb055:
``
karaf@root> 183111 [main] ERROR org.ops4j.pax.exam.junit.JUnit4TestRunner - Exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot get the remote bundle context
	at org.ops4j.pax.exam.rbc.client.intern.RemoteBundleContextClientImpl.getRemoteBundleContext(RemoteBundleContextClientImpl.java:275)
Caused by: java.rmi.NotBoundException: e83138a4-1c14-4a8d-9042-52e46c30e476
``
Could you remove that commit from the PR, @nacx? Thanks!

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37837482

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
Closed #39.

---

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
Ok, we have the last change in place. Let's see if it makes the build happy! :)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37827937

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Also running this in a separate job to see if this failure is reproducible:

https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/view/integrations/job/jclouds-karaf-do17x/1/console

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37824227

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Eek...lots of things going bang in the PR build now:
```
  Apache Karaf (2.2.7)

Hit '<tab>' for a list of available commands
and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.
Hit '<ctrl-d>' or 'osgi:shutdown' to shutdown Karaf.

karaf@root> Exception in thread "JMX Connector Thread [service:jmx:rmi://0.0.0.0:44444/jndi/rmi://0.0.0.0:1099/karaf-root]" java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not start JMX connector server
	at org.apache.karaf.management.ConnectorServerFactory$1.run(ConnectorServerFactory.java:233)
Caused by: java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 44444; nested exception is:
	java.net.BindException: Address already in use
```

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37833859

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
We should already have
```
<maven.repo.local>${maven.repo.local}</maven.repo.local>
```
but I guess the other change is still missing. Thanks, @iocanel!

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37825566

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
Thanks for the pointers @iocanel! I'm building it locally right now and will push the missing bit in few minutes.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37826845

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-karaf-pull-requests #48](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-karaf-pull-requests/48/) UNSTABLE
Looks like there's a problem with this pull request

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37775327

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds » jclouds-karaf #808](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds-karaf/808/) ABORTED

[(what's this?)](https://www.cloudbees.com/what-is-buildhive)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37843451

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds » jclouds-karaf #809](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds-karaf/809/) SUCCESS
This pull request looks good

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37849875

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
Once it finishes, clean the workspace and close/reopen the PR again to trigger again the build. If you are OK, though, this afternoon I'll merge it including the last commit or not, depending on that last build result.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37834475

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
Squashed, rebased and merged. Many thanks @demobox and @iocanel !

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37909638

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
> jclouds-karaf-pull-requests #50 ABORTED

That was the old PR build.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37839816

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
> Do you think we can just go ahead and get it merged, or better try adding only the
> maven.repo.local to the itests pom and see if that fixes the tests?

It's weird, because after all only _one_ test is failing. Could you try adding `maven.repo.local` to see if that makes any difference? If it doesn't, I'm OK with merging as-is.

Would be glad to hear if @iocanel has any comments, though!

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37814104

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
Reverted the last commit and invoked the mirror job. It should trigger again the build, and eventually have it fixed!

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37838122

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
> jclouds » jclouds-karaf #808 ABORTED

I think this might have been an old build, too:
```

Build was aborted
Putting comment on the pull request
Finished: ABORTED
```
> jclouds-karaf-pull-requests #51 UNSTABLE

No [test failures](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-karaf-pull-requests/51/testReport/). Finally!! Just an unhappy Checkstyle.

@nacx: Squash'n'rebase?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37845424

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-karaf-pull-requests #50](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-karaf-pull-requests/50/) ABORTED

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37839741

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds » jclouds-karaf #805](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds-karaf/805/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37776370

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <no...@github.com>.
@demobox to make the CloudBees build happy, it seems we'd have to backport https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/commit/f212c98888177a47bf6cbf2c10484652d565351c too, but it upgrades Karaf from 2.2.7 to 2.3.2. Do you think we can just go ahead and get it merged, or better try adding only the `maven.repo.local` to the `itests` pom and see if that fixes the tests?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37796825

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-karaf-pull-requests #51](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-karaf-pull-requests/51/) UNSTABLE

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37844960

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <no...@github.com>.
@demobox @nacx:

Due to the way the maven repo is set on CloudBees, we need to tell the karaf instance that is used in the integration tests, where to find the local maven repo.

The other thing that we need to do is to ensure that all the required artefacts are inside that repo.

So we need to:

i) use the maven.repo.local trick like we do in master.
ii) ensure that the features module will download the digital ocean artefacts.

In the 1.7.x branch (ii) will be done automatically.
In the master branch the feature needs to be explicitly specified in the features-maven-plugin configuration.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37816578

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Based on the other test run, I'm good to commit the PR as at 756b0dd (i.e. without 76bb055). I'm really curious why the PR build isn't happy...something to do with the merging, perhaps? Really no idea. I'll clean the workspace, though.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37834073

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
> If you are OK, though, this afternoon I'll merge it including the last commit or not, depending on that
> last build result.

OK. Also running another test build with the last commit without using the PR builder job:

https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/view/integrations/job/jclouds-karaf-do17x/2/console

I think I see the problem, by the way: the PR builder was using a "local to the workspace" Maven repo! Have changed that, so we should see the difference after the close'n'reopen.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37835703

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <no...@github.com>.
@demobox: It's not enough to have the artefact in the local repo. We also need to make sure that we tell karaf were too look.

We need https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/commit/f212c98888177a47bf6cbf2c10484652d565351c#diff-7c886e8267b3c8c3fc641c991371ed33R100

and

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/commit/f212c98888177a47bf6cbf2c10484652d565351c#diff-d578cebf69460f0ee4b3da730f6a7a57R179

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37824995

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-karaf-pull-requests #49](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-karaf-pull-requests/49/) UNSTABLE

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37821204

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Commit is [here](https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=jclouds-karaf.git;a=commit;h=176deecd8e3f98165c41c6d72055b597ac0ed3d0)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37957108

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Ioannis is alive!!! Yay!!!! ;-)

Thanks for explaining, @iocanel! If I understand correctly, @nacx's suggestion of adding `maven.repo.local` seems to be the right one..?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37821175

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
> jclouds-karaf-pull-requests #49 UNSTABLE

Hm. [Same failure](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-karaf-pull-requests/org.apache.jclouds.karaf$itests/49/testReport/org.jclouds.karaf.itests/MiscFeaturesInstallationTest/testDigitalOceanFeature_MiscFeaturesInstallationTest_testDigitalOceanFeature_KarafTestContainer_mvn_org_apache_karaf__apache_karaf__2_2_7__tar_gz_/)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37821339

Re: [jclouds-karaf] Added support for the DigitalOcean provider (#39)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Actually, we may not even need that. The [test build](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/view/integrations/job/jclouds-karaf-do17x/1/console) I ran (before the last commit, notice) is already happy:
```
Checking out Revision 756b0dde5e78be5528c53df2f5dd89530fd2140e (origin/do17x)
karaf@root> features:addurl mvn:org.apache.jclouds.karaf/jclouds-karaf/1.7.2-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
features:install jclouds-digitalocean
osgi:list -t 0
START LEVEL 100 , List Threshold: 0
   ID   State         Blueprint      Level  Name
[   0] [Active     ] [            ] [    0] System Bundle (3.0.9)
[  68] [Active     ] [            ] [   80] jclouds Components Core (1.7.2.SNAPSHOT)
[  69] [Active     ] [            ] [   80] jclouds Log4J Logging Module (1.7.2.SNAPSHOT)
[  70] [Active     ] [            ] [   80] jclouds script builder (1.7.2.SNAPSHOT)
[  71] [Active     ] [            ] [   80] jclouds compute core (1.7.2.SNAPSHOT)
[  72] [Active     ] [            ] [   80] jclouds DigitalOcean Provider (1.7.2.SNAPSHOT)
```
I have _no_ idea what's wrong with that pull request job. Both are running `clean install checkstyle:checkstyle -e -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true -U`, the only difference is that the one that succeeded is on Maven 3.1.0. I'll test that on the PR job.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf/pull/39#issuecomment-37831969