Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/01 09:10:17 UTC

Re: [drlvm] How to debug the drlvm with gdb?

Thanks Rana!
If you ask me what would I like, the answer is quite simple: as a windows
developer primary (today) I would recommend to other windows developers to
use msvc build (with patch from
HARMONY-1990<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1990>
).
With this patch you can almost forget about build.bat (it used only to fetch
external components + build Java). Most of the internal components
(vmcore,JIT,interpreter,gc_cc,encoder,em,hythread,jthread..) could be built
and debugged from within MSVC much faster than with build.bat without any
code modification with printf(..) and int3-like breakpoints.

I'll add this information to the site after H1990 is commited.

--
Mikhail Fursov

Re: [drlvm] How to debug the drlvm with gdb?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Mikhail Fursov wrote:
> Thanks Rana!
> If you ask me what would I like, the answer is quite simple: as a windows
> developer primary (today) I would recommend to other windows developers to
> use msvc build (with patch from
> HARMONY-1990<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1990>
> ).
> With this patch you can almost forget about build.bat (it used only to
> fetch
> external components + build Java). Most of the internal components
> (vmcore,JIT,interpreter,gc_cc,encoder,em,hythread,jthread..) could be built
> and debugged from within MSVC much faster than with build.bat without any
> code modification with printf(..) and int3-like breakpoints.
>
> I'll add this information to the site after H1990 is commited.

Done - please check.  I just committed.

geir