Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mason List <ma...@madisonip.com> on 2006/06/29 21:48:17 UTC

mod_perl/httpd.conf/database

I'm looking for documentation on using mod_perl2 to configure apache.
I've read this page,
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/PerlSections.html
but I'm missing something because the virtualhost I configure doesn't
do anything.  Before I start asking for specific help I'd like to find
the documents referenced on that page: eg/perl_sections.txt and
eg/httpd.conf.pl.

I think those would tell me what I need to know, but I can't find them.

Anyway, what I'm trying to do is simply configure virtual hosts with a
database.  If someone can just provide an example I'd appreciate it...

Thanks!

Ryan

RE: mod_perl/httpd.conf/database

Posted by "Terry, Jason" <jt...@cartmanager.net>.
It's been several years since I did this (originally in apache 1.x)...
but when I upgraded to apache 2 it still worked.

Not sure where the documentation for this is...

In your httpd.conf file

<Perl>
$VirtualHost{"www.domain.com:80"} = {
'ServerAdmin' => 'support@domain.com',
'DocumentRoot' => '/home/web/public_html',
'ServerName' => 'www.domain.com',
'ServerAlias' => [('domain.com,"www.domain.com")],
'ScriptAlias' => [
    ['/cgi-bin2/','/home/web/cgi-bin2/'],
    ['/cgi-bin/','/home/web/cgi-bin/']
  ],
'AliasMatch' => [
    ['^/images/spin(.*?).gif','/home/somewhere/images/spin$1.gif'],
    ['/robots.txt$','/home/htmlmanager/public_html/robots.txt']
  ],
'Alias' => [
    ['/forbidden.php3','/home/errors/forbidden.php3'],
    ['/missing.php3','/home/errors/missing.php3'],
  ],
'ErrorLog' => '/var/log/httpd/web.net-error_log',
'CustomLog' => '/var/log/httpd/web.net-access_log extracombined',
}
</Perl>