Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Milo Hyson <mi...@cyberlifelabs.com> on 2003/05/01 00:01:55 UTC

Re: Using Cocoon exclusively for the V in MVC

Steven Cummings wrote:

>Milo,
>
>It seems to me that you should be able to have the cocoon app, but in web.xml, map servlets other than the cocoon servlet so that these others run normally. Anything else should be run by cocoon. I once did this to have the regular JSP servlet run JSPs (not through cocoon) and everything else by cocoon. But if your sitemap accesses any of these non-cocoon resources you'll probably have to give a URL in the file-generator because of course cocoon won't find the resource via the cocoon: protocol. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. HTH.

All I need is to be able to set up context, session and request
attributes in an external Servlet and access them from a Cocoon
pipeline. Essentially, I want to use Cocoon as a replacement for JSPs.

Since Cocoon is shipped in a WAR file, would I not have to extract the
files in order to gain access to the web.xml?

--
Milo Hyson
CyberLife Labs