Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Steve Jones <jo...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/25 00:26:47 UTC

JNI linker issue on ARM (Raspberry PI)

I'm trying to install Kafka Streams on a Raspberry PI, it works fine as a
broker, works fine as both a producer and consumer, but when I try and run
streams on the PI rather than on the Mac there is a linker issue:

Exception in thread
"main-broker-f53264a1-0c70-445f-bf3f-bf634a9a1ed2-StreamThread-1"
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/librocksdbjni15158764823832728522.so:
/tmp/librocksdbjni15158764823832728522.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory (Possible cause: can't load IA 32 .so on a ARM
platform)

at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load0(Native Method)

at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(ClassLoader.java:2452)

at
java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2508)

at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:2704)

at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2637)

I've recompiled rocksdb on the RaspberryPI and added that to the loadpath
but the same error occurs.  I've done the Google search but not found
anything around streams on ARM (Raspberry PI) and what needs to be
recompiled/linked for this to work.

Help appreciated.

Steve Jones

Re: JNI linker issue on ARM (Raspberry PI)

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update Steve! This is very helpful and I find the blog is a
good read too! Appreciate your contribution to the community.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: JNI linker issue on ARM (Raspberry PI)

Posted by Steve Jones <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Jones <jo...@gmail.com>.
Version: *kafka_2.12-2.5.0*

Posted by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io>.

Posted by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org>.
Hi Steve,

Which version of Streams is this? I vaguely recall that we updated to a version of Rocks that’s compiled for ARM, and I think some people have used it on ARM, but I might be misremembering.

I’m afraid I can’t be much help in debugging this, but maybe some others on the list have more context. If all else fails, you can probably narrow it down to the Java RocksDB library. If you create a standalone java program using the same rocks dependency that we do, then you can pretty confidently raise it with the Rocks folks.

If you want to side-step the issue while debugging this, plugging in a different store implementation (like the in-memory one) would probably work, although I’m sure memory is scarce on a Raspberry Pi.