Posted to ecs-user@jakarta.apache.org by Peter Bona <bo...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/01 15:31:30 UTC

Is ECS project still alive?

Is it still maintained? If so, by whom?

Thanks for any help.
Peter

Re: Is ECS project still alive?

Posted by Martin Kastner <ma...@objectwork.de>.
What about performance? Regarding to object generation and gc this
framework creates lots of objects just to create e.g. an html output.

The last I remember was a discussion of using static variables to avoid
unintentional object creation.

I used this framework for big projects and extend it for complex type
definition e.g. reuseable gui components that can be used as an specific
object like MySortableTableList.

Martin

Posted by Avipan Dosanjh <ad...@gmail.com>.
Looking to create a library of taglibs.

Currently although the project (ECS) has not been updated in a while
it has everything that I need. Some of the people have though about
adding feature/extensions, and this would be great but for what I will
be using it for, it looks to have everything although I have only
looked at the project recently.

But if and when I start coding and I find limitations in the ECS
library I will defiantly forward my ideas to the group.

Posted by Peter Bona <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Avipan Dosanjh <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Bona <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Bona <bo...@gmail.com>.