Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com> on 2017/01/06 18:54:20 UTC

Re: Need pointers to build HA capabilty for a custom Stack in Ambari

Hi Souvik,

Unfortunately, much of configuration / orchestration logic for supporting HA still live in Ambari Web.
Ideally this needs to be declarative / pluggable so that it lives in the stack/service definition, rather than be hardcoded into Ambari Web.

+dev list

Yusaku

From: Souvik Sarkhel
Date: Friday, January 6, 2017 at 10:47 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>"
Subject: Re: Need pointers to build HA capabilty for a custom Stack in Ambari

Hi All,

I have developed a custom stack for Ambari which is working completely fine.
Now I need to add HA capability for a few components like Hadoop,ResourceManager,Tomcat etc.The problem is I can't use any of the existing components of HDP stack.
Thus I am looking for pointers from where I can start how HA can be implemented.
I have found some information like in the files located under ambari<https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/0fa8238c7eda8a2b3fa826d8aafb97ee64f27e00>/ambari-web<https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/0fa8238c7eda8a2b3fa826d8aafb97ee64f27e00/ambari-web>/app<https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/0fa8238c7eda8a2b3fa826d8aafb97ee64f27e00/ambari-web/app>/controllers<https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/0fa8238c7eda8a2b3fa826d8aafb97ee64f27e00/ambari-web/app/controllers>/main<https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/0fa8238c7eda8a2b3fa826d8aafb97ee64f27e00/ambari-web/app/controllers/main>/admin<https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/0fa8238c7eda8a2b3fa826d8aafb97ee64f27e00/ambari-web/app/controllers/main/admin>/highAvailability/ ,so can someone please tell me whether I am looking in the correct direction and if I am correct then the whole HA capability part lies in ambari-web project and not under ambari-server project?

Thanks,
Souvik Sarkhel

--
Souvik Sarkhel

Re: Need pointers to build HA capabilty for a custom Stack in Ambari

Posted by Souvik Sarkhel <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,
Thanks for the information.

Regards,
Souvik Sarkhel

--
Souvik Sarkhel

Re: Need pointers to build HA capabilty for a custom Stack in Ambari

Posted by Souvik Sarkhel <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,

Posted by Mithun Mathew <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Souvik

https://github.com/apache/ambari/tree/trunk/ambari-web/app/views/main/admin/highAvailability/nameNode

Posted by Mithun Mathew <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Souvik

Posted by Souvik Sarkhel <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yusaku,

Posted by Souvik Sarkhel <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yusaku,

Posted by Souvik Sarkhel <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yusaku,

--
Souvik Sarkhel

Re: Need pointers to build HA capabilty for a custom Stack in Ambari

Posted by Souvik Sarkhel <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yusaku,

--
Souvik Sarkhel