Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org> on 2017/07/08 18:40:57 UTC

Re: status support TS gateway connections to RDP

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 6:12 AM, Kees Louwen <Ke...@vancis.nl> wrote:

> Thanks for the response. As a non-developer it becomes quickly unclear ..;-)
> ..sorry about that. I tried to create a patched freerdp version but without
> luck.

I've attached a patched copy of FreeRDP to the issue in JIRA:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12876261/12876261_FreeRDP-patched.tar.gz

The above *should* work, though clearly isn't an actual release of FreeRDP.

> The patch described in guacamole-40 is on FreeRDP  and requires to
> re-compile FreeRDP, correct?

Correct.

> (note: in 9.13 ...

0.9.13*

> ... the guacamole proxy  parameter in the connection
> configuration seems to be mandatory and required. I received in the
> guacamole client log the message: ….connection refused…. when this proxy
> parameter wasn’t set. Took me some time to sort that one out. Hopefully this
> info might help other users or even a check can be build in the client?)

No, that parameter is not required. The behavior you're describing was
a regression due to the changes adding that parameter, but should be
fixed:

- Mike

RE: status support TS gateway connections to RDP

Posted by Kees Louwen <Ke...@vancis.nl>.
Hello,

I finally found some time to test as well but no final results, yet.
I did compile the provided patched FreeRDP source and 0.9.13 guacamole-server pulled from git. I do see traffic going on to my RD Gateway on https (443) back and forth, however it won't connect successfully for now. I don't have access to the RD Gateway logs at this moment, so won't be able to check any errors on that end. However, the guacamole gateway parms seems to be accepted by the patched FreedRDP version. To be continued.

Regards, Kees

> I've attached a patched copy of FreeRDP to the issue in JIRA:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12876261/12876261_Fre
> eRDP-patched.tar.gz
>
> The above *should* work, though clearly isn't an actual release of
> FreeRDP.

I did try this (removed the old FreeRDP, installed your version and recompiled the guacamole server) but the gateway didn't work for me.

Jerry

RE: status support TS gateway connections to RDP

Posted by Jerry <tr...@gmail.com>.
Mike Jumper wrote

Posted by Kees Louwen <Ke...@vancis.nl>.
Many thanks, I will test as soon as possible, and let you know.

Regards, Kees

> Thanks for the response. As a non-developer it becomes quickly unclear
> ..;-) ..sorry about that. I tried to create a patched freerdp version
> but without luck.

I've attached a patched copy of FreeRDP to the issue in JIRA:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12876261/12876261_FreeRDP-patched.tar.gz

The above *should* work, though clearly isn't an actual release of FreeRDP.

> The patch described in guacamole-40 is on FreeRDP  and requires to
> re-compile FreeRDP, correct?

Correct.