Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by ch...@netscape.net on 2003/03/28 02:33:55 UTC

Developers: How to configure tomcat to accept certificates from a certain CA?

I am using Tomcat 4.1.18 under my Win2K system, and I am trying to do mutual SSL authentication via certificates.

I have installed both my personal and the CA's certificates in my IE browser.

When I visit my Web server which requires client authentication via HTTPS, IE certainly brings up the dialog box for me to choose a certificate, but it does not give me a list of my certificates to choose from!

Please click the following link to get a better picture of my problem.

http://www.geocities.com/markliu1989/

Do any of you know what this problem is please?  And how can fix this?

My friend reminded me that I might have to configure the Web server to ask for certificates from my CA, which I don't know how to do.  Do my dear developers know about this?  I took a look at the server.xml file, can't see anything about this.  The tomcat-users don't have no clue.

Thanks a lot.