Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Paul Thomas <pa...@viajar.com> on 2005/03/01 17:16:34 UTC

error when trying to connect to ws generated using axis

Hi there, this is my first mail to the list, so please forgive me if
this is old hack. I'm a bit green behind the ears when it comes to this
mailing list.

The story is that I am receiving the following error when I try to
connect to my web service. The error is the following:

[Axis Fault re]: (404)/household_ss2/published_services/HouseHold

I don't understand why I am getting a 404. I mean, I have generated the
wsdl and the stubs/client part with the axis-ant task. My wsdl is the
following when I connect to the specified url:

            <wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="urn:HouseHold">
-
            <!--
WSDL created by Apache Axis version: 1.2RC2
Built on Nov 16, 2004 (12:19:44 EST)
-->
<wsdl:message name="getAnswerRequest">

   </wsdl:message>
-
            <wsdl:message name="getAnswerResponse">
<wsdl:part name="getAnswerReturn" type="xsd:string"/>
</wsdl:message>
-
            <wsdl:portType name="HouseholdReceiver">
-
            <wsdl:operation name="getAnswer">
<wsdl:input name="getAnswerRequest" message="impl:getAnswerRequest"/>
<wsdl:output name="getAnswerResponse" message="impl:getAnswerResponse"/>
</wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:portType>
-
            <wsdl:binding name="HouseHoldSoapBinding"
type="impl:HouseholdReceiver">
<wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc"
-
            <wsdl:operation name="getAnswer">
<wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
-
            <wsdl:input name="getAnswerRequest">
<wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
namespace="urn:HouseHold"/>
</wsdl:input>
-
            <wsdl:output name="getAnswerResponse">
<wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
namespace="urn:HouseHold"/>
</wsdl:output>
</wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:binding>
-
            <wsdl:service name="HouseholdReceiverService">
-
            <wsdl:port name="HouseHold"
binding="impl:HouseHoldSoapBinding">
<wsdlsoap:address
location="http://localhost:8080/household_ss2/published_services/HouseHo
ld"/>
</wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

I mean it is very simple. I have a class HouseholdReceiver  that has a
method getAnswerRequest  that returns a string.
Can anybody help me here? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Paul