Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Liu Frank <fr...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/20 11:16:52 UTC

Tomcat Basic Authentication Problem

Hi All,

Now I want to use my own method for the basic authentication, does Tomcat
provide the methods to realize it? if yes, how to use it?
Thanks in advance.

--
Yours truly,
Frank Liu

Re: Tomcat Basic Authentication Problem

Posted by olivier nouguier <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi Liu
You should look at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html#JAASRealm
It quite straight forward, even if Jaas stay too generic for me ;-)

--
"Souviens-toi qu'au moment de ta naissance tout le monde était dans la joie
et toi dans les pleurs.

RE: Tomcat Basic Authentication Problem

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Liu Frank [mailto:frankliu.jz@gmail.com]
> Subject: Tomcat Basic Authentication Problem
>
> Now I want to use my own method for the basic authentication,
> does Tomcat provide the methods to realize it?

Read the relevant Tomcat doc:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html

Section 12 of the servlet spec would also be educational.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.