Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Erennion <er...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/18 16:52:14 UTC

Fop 0.95 beta-1 shutdowns my Weblogic server

Hi everybody:

I am running fop 0.95 beta-1 (the lastest version I have found on maven
repositories) in a weblogic server, and I have an unexpected problem when an
error occurs whithing the fop "xmlToPdf" execution.

In the following example, an exception had been thrown due to the fact that
I had a  element with no child elements defined within it. The error trace
shows as:

fo:42:17: Error(42/17): fo:table-body is missing child elements.
Required Content Model: marker* (table-row+|table-cell+)

But the real problem comes after the exception has been thrown. In this
point, the server suddenly shutdowns with no apparent reason. The weblogic
console shows this message:

2008-09-18 15:55:17.509::INFO:  Shutdown hook executing
2008-09-18 15:55:17.525:/grec:INFO:  Closing WebApplicationContext of Struts
ActionServlet 'action', module '/ajax'
09-18@15:55:17 INFO  (AbstractApplicationContext.java:642)     - Closing
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebA
pplicationContext@edec92: display name [WebApplicationContext for namespace
'action-servlet']; startup date [Thu Sep 18
15:54:09 CEST 2008]; parent:
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext@1b7edd3
09-18@15:55:17 INFO  (DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:274)     -
Destroying singletons in org.springframework.beans.fa
ctory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@f4a376:

Has anybody any idea about the reason of this behavior?? Could it be
pheraphs an issue with the beta version??

Thanks in advance,
                              Joaquín

Re: Fop 0.95 beta-1 shutdowns my Weblogic server

Posted by Erennion <er...@gmail.com>.
Yep! You got it!

I didn't realise that the exception handler was calling a System.exit(-1)
when an exception was thrown. My fail!

Now it works perfectly :D

Thanks a lot and BR.

Joaquín

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

On 19.09.2008 08:42:07 Erennion wrote:

> Of course, I'm aware of how to solve the problem with the <fo:table-body>. ;)
>
> BUT, should this error shutdown the server?? That's the main issue.
>
> I've attached the FO file with which I'm having trouble. You can try to
> execute it to see whether it comes out into a shutdown of the web server
> (remember that I am using the 0.95 beta-1 version of FOP).
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p19567021/CertificadoDemanda.fo
> CertificadoDemanda.fo
>
> Anyway, thanks for yor reply!:D
>
> Joaquín
>

> bonekrusher wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The error indicates that your FO file has errors.
> >
> >  fo:table-body is missing child elements.
> >
> > Have you checked your FO file to see if you have a table with no
> > fo:table-row's ?
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Phil

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Fop 0.95 beta-1 shutdowns my Weblogic server

Posted by Erennion <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philip V <ph...@verizon.net>.
Hi,