Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2018/06/19 05:57:25 UTC

parent POMS release in a few days

Hi,

As told in INFRA-16467 thread, I'll do parent POMs releases soon.

Please update parent POMs as you want the release to be done: I'll start by Apache parent in a few days: see the diff against Apache 19 [1]
and the site https://maven.apache.org/pom-archives/asf-LATEST/

Once Apache parent 20 is released, I'll let a few days for Maven parent POMS

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-apache-parent.git;a=blobdiff;f=pom.xml;hb=master;hpb=apache-19

Re: parent POMS release in a few days

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
yes, while at it, the warning on important change will be even more clear

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
For Java the proposal to include the year in the version has been dropped,
it is only there in the description.
I don't see any benefit for it for Maven. Our release ratio is quite low,
so adding a year might suggest that a specific release it quite old, even
though it is the most recent one. With over 90 subprojects in Maven, the
semantic versioning schema fits much better.

Robert

Posted by Sylwester Lachiewicz <sl...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Hervé,

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Hervé,

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2018-06-23 um 12:06 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:
> I see MPOM-188 was created against maven-parent for that and fixed
>
> for the moment, priority goes to Apache parent POM
>
> last call for Apache parent POM updates: there are many plugin updates
> available, like compiler 3.7.0, Surefire 2.22

I'd like to add MPIR, which I will start voting today. It is upgraded to
Maven with long standing issues.

Michael

Re: parent POMS release in a few days

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

I have created MPOM-186 for ASF ...

So you think it would be a good idea to integrate that into ASF parent...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Hervé,

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Hervé,

WDYT about MPOM-186[1] based on some issues with JDK9/10 ...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPOM-186