Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Roshan Punnoose <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/08 13:28:59 UTC

Accumulo Ingest JMX metric

I am using Accumulo 1.6.5 and trying to monitor ingest rates through JMX
endpoints. The ingest reported through JMX does not seem to match with the
ingest rates reported on the accumulo monitor. Looking at the source code,
I noticed that the TabletServerMBean is counting all the entries in memory
for online tablets on that TabletServer:

result += tablet.getNumEntriesInMemory()

Is this is a good metric to use for ingest rates? Just want a good way to
measure ingest rates as I change configurations and run the continuous
ingest.

Thanks!
Roshan

Re: Accumulo Ingest JMX metric

Posted by Dylan Hutchison <dh...@cs.washington.edu>.
Hi Roshan,
  We fixed the JMX stat call for the ingest rate.  It will go into 1.6.6
when it is released.
Cheers, Dylan

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Boss. Thanks, Roshan.