Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by "Chinthana C. Dinapala" <CD...@virtusa.com> on 2005/03/04 05:15:12 UTC

Automating server side test implimentation

Hi,

We are trying to automated the server side to test case, which will help
to test client with the sever side.

But we have problem here several test will generate same file in auto
generated skeleton.

E.g. MathOps.cpp use by FaultMapping.wsdl, FaultMappingDoc.wsdl,  ect..

IT is the same contents all in these files but, as in client we are
searching client file by WSDL file name.

Here we can't search from WSDL file type if they have same name in file.

We can rename port type and get the unique file name to each WSDL.

But if clients use the server port types it will be problem.

Does anyone have idea on this?

Thanks

Chinthana Dinapala

Associate Software Engineer

Virtusa Corp.
16th Floor, West Tower
World Trade Center

Colombo 01

<http://www.virtusa.com/>

  <http://www.virtusa.com/>

Creating competitive advantage

Re: Automating server side test implimentation

Posted by Andrew Perry2 <PE...@uk.ibm.com>.
The changing of the portType name in the WSDL will, as you want, change the
names of the generated stubs.

This will effect the following files for each test using the changed
service.

1) Test client code will need to be changed to use the new stub name
2) Expected request files may need to be changed if endpoint changes
3) Ant test properties files may need to change if endpoint changes
4) Ant test properties files may need to change for handler tests if
soapAction is also updated in handler

This will be a large change. Currently 41 tests are based around the
CalculatorDoc wsdl

16 tests use the InteropTestRound1 WSDL, though there are 16 copies of it
in the wsdls directory. If the Ant test framework is used then these
duplicate WSDLs can be removed. Several other WSDLs can be replaced.
MathOps.wsdl is almost identical to FaultMapping.wsdl which is the same as
ExceptionTest.wsdl. These 3 WSDLs can be replaced by 1. The same is true
for the Doc versions of the WSDLs. The MathOps test can either be removed
or use the FaultMapping WSDL.

If the script based test framework is no longer used then all these
duplicate WSDLs can be removed/merged so there will only be 1 version of a
WSDL in the wsdls directory. I feel that this will be a much smaller change
than renaming the portType in each of the effected WSDLs as only the WSDL
name will need to be updated in the Ant test properties file. Is the script
based test framework still used?

Also more tests are coming soon so, some of them based on the existing
WSDLs so I would prefer if any changes are made that the changes be delayed
a few weeks.

Regards,

Andrew Perry
IBM Web Services Client for C/C++
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa.abeysingh
             e@gmail.com>                                               To
                                       Apache AXIS C User List
             04/03/2005 04:23          <ax...@ws.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Automating server side test
                User List"             implimentation

Simply put,

If we change the PortType name in the test WSDL file, would that have
an impact on the current ant based client test framework.

We would like the PortType to be the same as the name of the WSDL
file, so that we have unique names to the services in the test
framerowk.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Andrew Perry2 <PE...@uk.ibm.com>.