Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Torsten Römer <to...@luniks.net> on 2021/06/01 19:45:18 UTC

Compile on Save support for vanilla javac

Hello,

thanks to
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/commit/46c1794125d317f190cd4fdc0309ad67c166faf0
Compile on Save does not require nb-javac any more, so I'd like to
submit my first PR to NetBeans to remove the note "(requires nb-javac
plugin)".

First I'd like to say, the manual "Contributing Code" is just great!

So here my questions:

1. Should the "Learn more about Compile on Save ..." link be removed as
well? Currently the page it refers to does not seem to exist (any more).
Or should a new page be created?
2. When starting NetBeans for the first time, there will be a
notification suggesting to install nb-javac. Should this be removed as well?
3. When opening a project when nb-javac is not installed, the plugin
installer wants to install nb-javac. Should this be disabled?

And something else - when developing NetBeans in NetBeans, how do I get
my changes reflected in the instance started by running Main?

Cheers,
Torsten