Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz> on 2002/07/24 01:10:25 UTC

Xerces on AS400 or other EBCDIC machines

Hi All,

Can anyone out there confirm that Xalan 2.0.x works on EBCDIC platforms
in general, and AS400 in particular?

I have recently installed a program at a client site where they use one
of these beasts, and seem to be *intermittently* am getting strange xml
parsing errors, like:

Processing instruction [xX] [mM] [lL] not recognised on line 1 (which is
of course <?XML version="1.0">) or Invalid Unicode Character 0x8

Then again, sometimes it works ok...

Is there perhaps something I need to set for EBCDIC support?
[I know almost nothing about AS400s, which may be obvious :-)].

Platform: AS400 v4.??
Java version: 1.2.1
Xerces version: 2.0.x

Thanks,