Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mike Markovich <mi...@seafieldgetaway.com> on 2006/05/24 20:41:13 UTC

Does Maven bundle jars & resources into a single target?

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out what output I should ultimately expect from
Maven.

My question, does Maven have the capability to put everything needed to
run an application in one place or is a follow up script needed to
actually produce an executable application?

It seems this should be done by with the deploy or package goal, but my
resources and dependencies aren't being included.

Any insights will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Does Maven bundle jars & resources into a single target?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
In short, no, this is not the regular use case for Maven.

But you can certainly create a package like this using the Assembly
plugin. Search the User list for "jar-with-dependencies" for details.

Wayne