Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Ing. Francesco Dalan" <f....@mbm.it> on 2006/05/29 07:19:58 UTC

load problem

Hi to all,
    I have converted and loaded a project from CVS to SVN and is all ok.
Now I want to convert an other project from my CVS and load it into SVN
in the same parent directory of the first project but, when i use the
svnadmin load command, I have this error
<<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 1
     * adding path : wildjava.org/trunk ...svnadmin: File already
exists: filesy
stem 'C:/svnrepos/wildjava.org/db', transaction '27-1', path
'wildjava.org/trunk'.

The command that I have used is:
svnadmin --parent-dir wildjava.org load C:\svnrepos\wildjava.org
<cvs2svn-dump

How can do it?

--------------
Ing. Francesco Dalan
M.B.M. Italia S.r.l. Via Pellizzo 14/A 35128 Padova
Tel. +39.49.8995731 Fax +39.49.8995722 Cell. +39.348.3675906
E-mail : f.dalan@mbm.it <ma...@mbm.it>

Re: load problem

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 29, 2006, at 09:19, Ing. Francesco Dalan wrote:

>     I have converted and loaded a project from CVS to SVN and is
> all ok.
> Now I want to convert an other project from my CVS and load it into
> SVN
> in the same parent directory of the first project but, when i use the
> svnadmin load command, I have this error
> <<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 1
>      * adding path : wildjava.org/trunk ...svnadmin: File already
> exists: filesy
> stem 'C:/svnrepos/wildjava.org/db', transaction '27-1', path
> 'wildjava.org/trunk'.
>
> The command that I have used is:
> svnadmin --parent-dir wildjava.org load C:\svnrepos\wildjava.org
> <cvs2svn-dump
>
> How can do it?

I don't understand the question. You can't have two directories (or
files) of the same name in the same place. You can't do it on your
hard drive, and you can't do it in a Subversion repository. The error
message says that your repository already contains a directory
wildjava.org/trunk, presumably from your first import, so you cannot
now create a second directory by that exact same name. Pick a
different name. Presumably the first project you imported was the one
you've called "wildjava.org" so now the second project you're
importing should have a second name. (Otherwise, how would you tell
the two projects apart?)