Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Cesar Flores <ce...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/06 16:22:16 UTC

Data Frame types

The SchemaRDD supports the storage of user defined classes. However, in
order to do that, the user class needs to extends the UserDefinedType interface
(see for example VectorUDT in org.apache.spark.mllib.linalg).

My question is: Do the new Data Frame Structure (to be released in spark
1.3) will be able to handle user defined classes too? Do user classes will
need to extend they will need to define the same approach?

--
Cesar Flores

Re: Data Frame types

Posted by Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>.
No, the UDT API is not a public API as we have not stabilized the
implementation.  For this reason its only accessible to projects inside of
Spark.

Re: Data Frame types

Posted by Jaonary Rabarisoa <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cesar,