Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by mayankeagle <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2013/12/19 12:02:45 UTC

CXF 2.6.8 issue with JBoss 6.0.1 EAP

I'm deploying a JAX-RS REST web-services project in JBoss 6.0.1 EAP. As JBoss
6 EAP comes with its own CXF installation (default version is 2.6.8), I have
removed all the CXF JARs from my WEB-INF/lib and instead written the
following in the jboss-deployment-structure.xml:

            <module name="org.apache.cxf" services="import">
                <imports>
                    <include path="META-INF**" />
                    <include path="org**" />
                    <include path="schemas**" />
                </imports>
	    </module>
            <module name="org.apache.cxf.impl" services="import">
                <imports>
                    <include path="META-INF**" />
                    <include path="org**" />
                    <include path="schemas**" />
                </imports>
            </module>

However, when I try to start JBoss, I get the error:

Failed to read schema document 'http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxrs.xsd',
because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read;
3) the root element of the document is not <xsd:schema>

Could anyone please throw some light on this? Has this schema document been
removed from the CXF JARs 2.6.8 version? I don't face this issue in JBoss
7.1.1 GA with custom-downloaded CXF 2.7.5 (default CXF version in JBoss
7.1.1 is 2.4.6, so I upgraded it to the latest version 2.7.5 to make it
work). However, with JBoss 6.0.1 EAP, I'm trying to make it work with the
default CXF version, which is 2.6.8. Note that the App-server version in
JBoss 6.0.1 EAP is also AS 7.1.2 so it should work similar to how 7.1.1
works.