Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ofbiz 开发 <ph...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/16 03:22:09 UTC

Ofbiz CMS usage

Hi everyone,

I am reading this CMS tutorial
https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBIZ/ofbiz-content-management-how-to.html

but maybe I didn't understand it well, I am still a bit confused.

1. In which files shall we create these <DataResource> and <Content>
information please?
2. Which web.xml and controller.xml does that document refer to please?
3. Where is the setting for <base url> and <cms> please?
4. Looking at the back office it seems you can create as many websites as
possible, but the document seems to mean you need to manually create a
publish point per website in some XML file, is this correct please?
5. When login as "flexadmin" and accessing
https://localhost:8443/content/control/CMSSites it keeps saying "You do not
have permission to view this page. ("CONTENTMGR_UPDATE" or
"CONTENTMGR_ADMIN" needed)", however in the preference there is no security
group for content manager, there is only one for content user. Login as
"admin" is fine. Can one be content manager without being full admin please?

Thanks very much.

Kind Regards

Re: Ofbiz CMS usage

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi,

Quickly inline

From: "Ofbiz 开发" <ph...@gmail.com>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am reading this CMS tutorial
> https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBIZ/ofbiz-content-management-how-to.html
>
> but maybe I didn't understand it well, I am still a bit confused.
>
> 1. In which files shall we create these <DataResource> and <Content>
> information please?

For now OFBiz CMS handles content in DB. There is a current WIP to integrate Apache JacRabbit and also a not documented Webslinger
CMS

> 2. Which web.xml and controller.xml does that document refer to please?

One by webapp

> 3. Where is the setting for <base url> and <cms> please?

In Website, which is related to Store

> 4. Looking at the back office it seems you can create as many websites as
> possible, but the document seems to mean you need to manually create a
> publish point per website in some XML file, is this correct please?

Yes, in ofbiz-component.xml files (one by component, one entry there per webapp)

> 5. When login as "flexadmin" and accessing
> https://localhost:8443/content/control/CMSSites it keeps saying "You do not
> have permission to view this page. ("CONTENTMGR_UPDATE" or
> "CONTENTMGR_ADMIN" needed)", however in the preference there is no security
> group for content manager, there is only one for content user. Login as
> "admin" is fine. Can one be content manager without being full admin please?

see ContentSecurityData.xml

HTH

Jacques