Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by revas <re...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/17 12:40:16 UTC

stop word search

Hi,

I have a query like this

content:the AND iuser_id:5

which means return all docs of user id 5 which have the word "the" in
content .Since 'the' is a stop word ,this query executes as just user_id :5
inspite of the "AND" clause ,Whereas the expected result here is since there
is no result for  "the " ,no results shloud be returned.

Am i missing anythin here?

Regards

Re: stop word search

Posted by revas <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick,

I still don't get it.The scenario is like this.

Intially i indexed the content with the stop word filter at both index time
and query time.That means
the stop words are not there in the index .

Now i removed the stop filter only at query time so that a query like this
will not fetch results
content:the AND id:8  as due to the stop filter this query becomes just id:8
and returns results.

Why would i have to reindex as there shloud not be any stop words in the
index in the first place.

Thanks for your time .

Regards

Re: stop word search