Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jean-Philippe Steinmetz <st...@ISI.EDU> on 2007/10/23 20:41:25 UTC

Dependency and build problems

Hi Everyone,

I have two projects i'm developing with maven. Project A pulls in the other
(project B) as a dependency. I've been having problems with project A
getting the most recent build of project B. I have tried using mvn clean and
it does not appear to be solving the issue. Also, a recent change I have
made to project B now causes the "generics are not support in -source 1.3"
error. I'm not sure why this all of the sudden started occuring. These
classes have been using generics from the beginning and have never had a
problem compiling before. Does anyone have an idea of how to solve these two
issues? Thanks.

Jean-Philippe Steinmetz

RE: Dependency and build problems

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com>.
Manually - you'll have to go in there and delete by hand.

I'm unaware of a commandline "undeploy" command (but I'm a maven newbie
as well).

Posted by Jean-Philippe Steinmetz <st...@ISI.EDU>.

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ej...@upromise.com>.
Mvn clean will not delete anything out of your local repository.

> I have two projects i'm developing with maven. Project A pulls in the
other
> (project B) as a dependency. I've been having problems with project A
> getting the most recent build of project B. I have tried using mvn
clean and
> it does not appear to be solving the issue. Also, a recent change I
have
> made to project B now causes the "generics are not support in -source
1.3"
> error. I'm not sure why this all of the sudden started occuring. These
> classes have been using generics from the beginning and have never had
> problem compiling before. Does anyone have an idea of how to solve
these two
> issues? Thanks.
>
> Jean-Philippe Steinmetz

You need to tell the compiler plugin what version of Java your sources
are using:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/set-compi
ler-source-and-target.html

--