Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexandre Bosserelle <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/28 11:09:55 UTC

SHA password encryption problem using org.apache.catalina.realm.RealmBase

Dear all,

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.9, Java 1.5.0 on a Red Hat Entreprise 4.4.

According to this document
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html
I tried to encrypt passwords, but I can't figure out why it is not working.

I copied the class catalina.jar into /usr/share/java/
/usr/share/java also contains mx4j/mx4j-jmx.jar and commons-logging.jar

When I type : java org.apache.catalina.realm.RealmBase -a SHA password
I get the error "The java class is not found:
org.apache.catalina.realm.RealmBase".

Despite my efforts, I don't know how to solve this problem,

Please help me,
Thanks in advance,

Regards