Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pablo Salazar <pa...@outlook.com> on 2019/04/23 12:44:35 UTC

It's possible run PHP on Tomcat 8 without use Quercus?

Hi,

I am lookling for a solution to my problema.

I have Tomcat 8 installet with Quercus for run PHP, but recently I need load Imagick module for a new funcionality on my page, but on the GUIDES of Imagick, it’s needed to use php.ini of PHP intsdallation, but Quercus don’t have that file.

I have insalled PHP on some folder (D: \PCSA\php) so into that folder I have php.ini file, I configure the necesary lines fot Imagick so, when I run pgp -i | findstr -i “imagick” the moduel t’s loaded, but when I run http://hostname:9095/phpinfo.php (that file it’s for phpinfo() function) the response it’s for configuration of Quercus, I mean, load PHP of Quercus, not d:\PCSA\php.

First question: How can I run PHP on Tomcat  8 without Quercus?

Second Question: How can I configure Quercus for load Imagick module?

REgards,

Pablo Salazar

Re: It's possible run PHP on Tomcat 8 without use Quercus?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Pablo,

On 4/23/19 15:55, Pablo Salazar wrote:
> Do you know if exist some GUIDE to configure Tomcat 8 for run php
> files???

There isn't any such guide published by the ASF, nor am I aware of any
particularly good guides to do such things.

My personal recommendation would be to use Apache httpd (or similar)
as a proxy for both Tomcat and the built-in bare-bones web server in PHP
.

- -chris

Posted by Zero <hz...@gmail.com>.
On 4/23/19 10:28 PM, Pablo Salazar wrote:
> Hi  Zero,
>

> Not Yet.
>
> DO you recomend it??
>
> REgards,
>
> Pablo Salazar

No I don't know, I am curious about that.

Regards, Harm-Jan Z.

Posted by Pablo Salazar <pa...@outlook.com>.
Hi  Zero,

Not Yet.