Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ex...@nokia.com on 2003/09/26 15:59:37 UTC

Compiling a WAR with aspects - how?

Hi,

Can anybody guide me on how to compile a WAR file containing aspects?  I have set "maven.compile.aspects" to true, and I have a .aj file in my src tree, but it compiles using javac.  Any advice?  Haha - that was unintended.

Thanks,
Mike.

Re: Compiling a WAR with aspects - how?

Posted by Kevin O'Neill <ke...@apache.org>.
> Can anybody guide me on how to compile a WAR file containing aspects?  I
> have set "maven.compile.aspects" to true, and I have a .aj file in my src
> tree, but it compiles using javac.  Any advice?  Haha - that was
> unintended.

The short answer is that if you want to use aspectj 1.1.1 then your can't
use the current aspectj plugin. The long answer is people are working on
it (might be a couple of weeks before there is a solution in cvs head
though).

I need to do the exact same thing. By the time I looked at all the custom
targets I would have to implement I decided to go back and use ant for
building my packages.

-k.

RE: Compiling a WAR with aspects - how?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Are you using the new aspecj plugin or the old one? With the new one
this is currently known limitation (I'm working on it but it'll take at
least 1-2 weeks before I get it solved).

Thanks
-Vincent