Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Paul Andrews <pa...@jeecom.com> on 2002/02/01 18:42:29 UTC

Transformer source with a JAR URL System ID

Hi,

I'm trying to use a StreamSource that has a system ID which is a JAR URL so
that the transformer can pick up a DTD from a JAR file. So I have a URL of
the form:

jar:file:/D:/JeecomDev/Osprey/newroot/contextlib/dist/com.jeecom.contextlib.
jar!/

and a DTD declaration of the form:

<!DOCTYPE QUERY SYSTEM "com/jeecom/query/sqlquery.dtd" >

And I get:

jar:file:/D:/JeecomDev/Osprey/newroot/contextlib/dist/com.jeecom.contextlib.
jar!/
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.io.IOException: no entry name
specified
    at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:
690)
    at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:
1092)
    at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:
1070)

I appreciate that there are probably other ways to do this, but shouldn't
this work?

FYI:

xerces: 1.4.4
JDK: 1.3.1