Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bhaskar <br...@platformexchange.com> on 2006/11/24 16:52:47 UTC

Running Jetspeed behind Apache Proxy

I tried all suggestions found in web, it works partially, sometimes getting
image problem, sometimes URLs are not re-written.

Any idea?

Thanks
Bhaskar

Re: Running Jetspeed behind Apache Proxy

Posted by Bhaskar Roy <br...@platformexchange.com>.
One more issue, Stylesheets are not processed in first hit, once I
refresh, then it comes fine, till I clear my cache.

Thanks
Bhaskar

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 16:44, Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:
> Hi Bhaskar,
>
> I use mod_proxy_ajp with apache 2.2 and tomcat 5.5.17 on SuSE 10.0 It
> is a piece of cake (expression meaning very easy).
>
> For each webapp you declare a similar proxy pass:
>
> ProxyPass /jetspeed ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/jetspeed
>
> The apache modules are configured in /etc/sysconfig/apache2. Include
> proxy_ajp in the APACHE_MODULES directive.
>
> I also set up secure login for Jetspeed. But this is classic apache
> stuff. See my blog.
>
> Regarding the layout. Some screens that are not very wide place the
> in the portlet.xml from the jetspeed-layouts portlet.
>
> Philip
>
> On 25 Nov 2006 12:28:48 +0530, Bhaskar Roy <br...@platformexchange.com> wrote:
> > Finally I got most of the things working, except one major issue, I am
> > using jetspeed::VelocityTwoColumnsSmallLeft Layout, the second portlet
> > shows up at the bottom, instead of right.
> >
> > I checked the Admin protlets, same problem, looks like a bug in jetspeed
> >
> > <Location /jetspeed/>
> >         RequestHeader set Referer http://localhost:8080
> >         ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/
> >         ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:8080/jetspeed
> >         SetOutputFilter  proxy-html
> >         ProxyHTMLURLMap http://localhost:8080 http://<MYSERVER>
> >         RequestHeader    unset  Accept-Encoding
> > </Location>
> >
> > here is my config for proxy
> >
> > On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 21:22, Bhaskar wrote:
> > > I tried all suggestions found in web, it works partially, sometimes
> > getting
> > > image problem, sometimes URLs are not re-written.
> > >
> > > Any idea?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Bhaskar

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Bhaskar Roy
> >
> > CTO PlatformExchange Inc
> > +1-415-661-8910
> > +91-9886081541

Bhaskar Roy

CTO PlatformExchange Inc
+1-415-661-8910
+91-9886081541

RE: Running Jetspeed behind Apache Proxy

Posted by Bhaskar <br...@platformexchange.com>.
Thanks for your suggestion; I will try with the latest.

Bhaskar

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I do see your problem,

On 11/27/06, Bhaskar <br...@platformexchange.com> wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
> Thanks again, I also thought about similar solution, anyway this is not the
> major issue.

I also saw this problem back in the 2.0 release. What version are you
using? You may have to upgrade. I just don't have any other
suggestions to solve this issue.

Philip

> The major problem is Stylesheet processing, unless I hit the Refresh, first
> time the stylesheets are not processed, you can see my test server -
>
> http://icarez.dnsdojo.com/jetspeed/
>
> Thanks again!
> Bhaskar

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

RE: Running Jetspeed behind Apache Proxy

> [...]

> > For each webapp you declare a similar proxy pass:
> >
> > ProxyPass /jetspeed ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/jetspeed
> >
> > The apache modules are configured in /etc/sysconfig/apache2. Include
> > proxy_ajp in the APACHE_MODULES directive.
> >
> > I also set up secure login for Jetspeed. But this is classic apache
> > stuff. See my blog.
> >
> > Regarding the layout. Some screens that are not very wide place the
> > in the portlet.xml from the jetspeed-layouts portlet.
> >
> > Philip
> >
> > On 25 Nov 2006 12:28:48 +0530, Bhaskar Roy <br...@platformexchange.com>
wrote:
> > > Finally I got most of the things working, except one major issue, I am
> > > using jetspeed::VelocityTwoColumnsSmallLeft Layout, the second portlet
> > > shows up at the bottom, instead of right.
> > >
> > > I checked the Admin protlets, same problem, looks like a bug in

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

Re: Running Jetspeed behind Apache Proxy

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

> [...]

> > is a piece of cake (expression meaning very easy).
> >
> > For each webapp you declare a similar proxy pass:
> >
> > ProxyPass /jetspeed ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/jetspeed
> >
> > The apache modules are configured in /etc/sysconfig/apache2. Include
> > proxy_ajp in the APACHE_MODULES directive.
> >
> > I also set up secure login for Jetspeed. But this is classic apache
> > stuff. See my blog.
> >
> > Regarding the layout. Some screens that are not very wide place the
> > in the portlet.xml from the jetspeed-layouts portlet.
> >
> > Philip
> >
> > On 25 Nov 2006 12:28:48 +0530, Bhaskar Roy <br...@platformexchange.com> wrote:
> > > Finally I got most of the things working, except one major issue, I am
> > > using jetspeed::VelocityTwoColumnsSmallLeft Layout, the second portlet
> > > shows up at the bottom, instead of right.
> > >
> > > I checked the Admin protlets, same problem, looks like a bug in jetspeed

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

Re: Running Jetspeed behind Apache Proxy

Posted by Bhaskar Roy <br...@platformexchange.com>.
Hi Philip,

Thanks for your inputs, it works fine, but one thing, which I wanted to
do like http proxy, map a different name, like instead of /jetspeed, use
/xyz, so user doesn't see the jetspeed extension

ProxyPass /xyz ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/jetspeed

This didn't work, any idea???

Thanks again,
Bhaskar

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 16:44, Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:
> Hi Bhaskar,
>
> I use mod_proxy_ajp with apache 2.2 and tomcat 5.5.17 on SuSE 10.0 It
> is a piece of cake (expression meaning very easy).
>
> For each webapp you declare a similar proxy pass:
>
> ProxyPass /jetspeed ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/jetspeed
>
> The apache modules are configured in /etc/sysconfig/apache2. Include
> proxy_ajp in the APACHE_MODULES directive.
>
> I also set up secure login for Jetspeed. But this is classic apache
> stuff. See my blog.
>
> Regarding the layout. Some screens that are not very wide place the
> in the portlet.xml from the jetspeed-layouts portlet.
>
> Philip
>
> On 25 Nov 2006 12:28:48 +0530, Bhaskar Roy <br...@platformexchange.com> wrote:
> > Finally I got most of the things working, except one major issue, I am
> > using jetspeed::VelocityTwoColumnsSmallLeft Layout, the second portlet
> > shows up at the bottom, instead of right.
> >
> > I checked the Admin protlets, same problem, looks like a bug in jetspeed
> >
> > <Location /jetspeed/>
> >         RequestHeader set Referer http://localhost:8080
> >         ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/
> >         ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:8080/jetspeed
> >         SetOutputFilter  proxy-html
> >         ProxyHTMLURLMap http://localhost:8080 http://<MYSERVER>
> >         RequestHeader    unset  Accept-Encoding
> > </Location>
> >
> > here is my config for proxy
> >
> > On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 21:22, Bhaskar wrote:
> > > I tried all suggestions found in web, it works partially, sometimes
> > getting
> > > image problem, sometimes URLs are not re-written.
> > >
> > > Any idea?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Bhaskar

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Bhaskar Roy
> >
> > CTO PlatformExchange Inc
> > +1-415-661-8910
> > +91-9886081541

Bhaskar Roy

CTO PlatformExchange Inc
+1-415-661-8910
+91-9886081541

Re: Running Jetspeed behind Apache Proxy

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bhaskar,

I use mod_proxy_ajp with apache 2.2 and tomcat 5.5.17 on SuSE 10.0 It
is a piece of cake (expression meaning very easy).

For each webapp you declare a similar proxy pass:

ProxyPass /jetspeed ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/jetspeed

The apache modules are configured in /etc/sysconfig/apache2. Include
proxy_ajp in the APACHE_MODULES directive.

I also set up secure login for Jetspeed. But this is classic apache
stuff. See my blog.

Regarding the layout. Some screens that are not very wide place the
in the portlet.xml from the jetspeed-layouts portlet.

Philip

On 25 Nov 2006 12:28:48 +0530, Bhaskar Roy <br...@platformexchange.com> wrote:
> Finally I got most of the things working, except one major issue, I am
> using jetspeed::VelocityTwoColumnsSmallLeft Layout, the second portlet
> shows up at the bottom, instead of right.
>
> I checked the Admin protlets, same problem, looks like a bug in jetspeed
>
> <Location /jetspeed/>
>         RequestHeader set Referer http://localhost:8080
>         ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/
>         ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:8080/jetspeed
>         SetOutputFilter  proxy-html
>         ProxyHTMLURLMap http://localhost:8080 http://<MYSERVER>
>         RequestHeader    unset  Accept-Encoding
> </Location>
>
> here is my config for proxy
>
> On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 21:22, Bhaskar wrote:
> > I tried all suggestions found in web, it works partially, sometimes
> getting
> > image problem, sometimes URLs are not re-written.
> >
> > Any idea?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Bhaskar

> Regards,
>
> Bhaskar Roy
>
> CTO PlatformExchange Inc
> +1-415-661-8910
> +91-9886081541

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

Re: Running Jetspeed behind Apache Proxy

Posted by Bhaskar Roy <br...@platformexchange.com>.
Finally I got most of the things working, except one major issue, I am
using jetspeed::VelocityTwoColumnsSmallLeft Layout, the second portlet
shows up at the bottom, instead of right.

I checked the Admin protlets, same problem, looks like a bug in jetspeed

<Location /jetspeed/>
        RequestHeader set Referer http://localhost:8080
        ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/
        ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:8080/jetspeed
        SetOutputFilter  proxy-html
        ProxyHTMLURLMap http://localhost:8080 http://<MYSERVER>
        RequestHeader    unset  Accept-Encoding
</Location>

here is my config for proxy

On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 21:22, Bhaskar wrote:
> I tried all suggestions found in web, it works partially, sometimes getting
> image problem, sometimes URLs are not re-written.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks
> Bhaskar

Bhaskar Roy