Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by vamshi <va...@yashaa.com> on 2001/05/23 11:34:31 UTC

fo:block-container problem

Hi All,

The content on my PDF pages needs to be laid out across multiple sections. Each of the section sizes are configurable by the users through an HTML frontend provided.

I am using fo:block-container to represent these sections. The problem I am facing is that -- when the content in my block container exceeds the block size, the extraneous content gets clipped. I have tried using overflow = "scroll" / "visible" / "auto". None of these values seem to work. When I use overflow="error-if-overflow", the FOP throws up errors.

I am using Fop_0_18_0.

I would like to know if  Fop_0_18_0 supports "overflow" and "span" properties. If it does support these properties, please guide me on how to implement them ?  If FOP doesn't support these properties, is there any other solution to my problem ?

Please kindly help. TIA !!!

Regards,

Vamshi

Re: fo:block-container problem

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
On Wed, 23 May 2001 11:34:31 vamshi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The content on my PDF pages needs to be laid out across multiple
> sections. Each of the section sizes are configurable by the users through
> an HTML frontend provided.
>
> I am using fo:block-container to represent these sections. The problem I
> am facing is that -- when the content in my block container exceeds the
> block size, the extraneous content gets clipped. I have tried using
> overflow = "scroll" / "visible" / "auto". None of these values seem to
> work. When I use overflow="error-if-overflow", the FOP throws up errors.
>
> I am using Fop_0_18_0.
>
> I would like to know if  Fop_0_18_0 supports "overflow" and "span"
> properties. If it does support these properties, please guide me on how
> to implement them ?  If FOP doesn't support these properties, is there
> any other solution to my problem ?

Currently the overflow situation is not handled properly. It is no really
clipped, if things don't fit then they are left out so none of it will be
shown.