Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Lisheng Zhang <lz...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/05 21:15:01 UTC

payload at the document level

Hi, I understand payload should be associated with an indexed term, but i
remembered long time ago it was suggested that we should have payload at
the document level (for whole document), such that we can get payload by
docID only.

Do we have this feature implemented in lucene 7 (i searched doc & code and
could not find)?

Thanks very much for helps, Lisheng

Re: payload at the document level

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
what you're describing is essentially just DocValues -- for each document,
you can have an arbitrary bytes[] (or number, or sorted list of numbers),
and you could write a custom query/similarity/collector that can access
that "docvalue" at search time to decide if it's a match (or how to score
it)

: Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 14:15:01 -0700
: From: Lisheng Zhang <lz...@gmail.com>
: To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
: Subject: payload at the document level
:
: Hi, I understand payload should be associated with an indexed term, but i
: remembered long time ago it was suggested that we should have payload at
: the document level (for whole document), such that we can get payload by
: docID only.
:
: Do we have this feature implemented in lucene 7 (i searched doc & code and
: could not find)?
:
: Thanks very much for helps, Lisheng
: