Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/10 23:19:58 UTC

Can't remote access geronimo 2.0 on Linux (GERONIMO-3191)

David,

I tried out this latest release you posted and could reproduce bug report
GERONIMO-3191, which had been considered as closed.
I have a Ubuntu Linux running geronimo, and, from a Vista Machine I ran:

deploy --host 192.168.0.11 --user system --password manager --port 10099
login

which returned:

Error: Unable to connect to server at
deployer:geronimo:jmx://192.168.0.11 – no such object in table
I haven't ever been able to access remote linux servers (specially from
Eclipse) but this specific situation has been tested only on this release.

thanks,
Rodrigo

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Engenharia de Computação - Coop8

"Não importa como morre o home, importa como vive." Carijó, velho do rio.

"To the person with only a hammer, everything looks like a nail." bussdriver

Re: Can't remote access geronimo 2.0 on Linux (GERONIMO-3191)

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>.
Hi

I have looked at java security policy, firewall settings, sniffed the
traffic and more without finding out way the connection fails. As far as
I know IPv6 should normally not be a problem but I started to suspect it
had something to do with it. In my case it seems to have something to do
with the loopback interface.

Anyone else having problem with network access using this command?
deploy --host <local network address> --user <user> --password
<password> --port 1099 login
or better yet a solution ? this may still be a configuration issue.

I will try to find out what is wrong and will get back if I find
something out.

regards
  Peter

Posted by Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>.
Hi Rodrigo

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 18, 2007, at 11:59 PM, Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva wrote:

> Donald,
>
> thanks for your help, but it didn't work out. If it were the
> problem, wouldn't have worked on windows before, I guess. Well,
> about Linux distros I've tested on ubuntu feisty and debian etch.
> none worked.

I'm able to login, list-modules, to a remote linux box without a
problem (using G 2.0.1 Mac OS X -> SLES). I didn't need to make any
updates to my config.xml.

I did run into a problem deploying a WAR. Donald, I recall you had a
remote-deploy jira recently. Would that explain the following?

     Uploading 1 file(s) to server
     unknown protocol: localhost
     Error: Unable to distribute HelloWorld.war:
     java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/kevan/HelloWorld.war (No such
     file or directory)

         /Users/kevan/HelloWorld.war (No such file or directory)

--kevan

Re: Can't remote access geronimo 2.0 on Linux (GERONIMO-3191)

Posted by Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva <ro...@gmail.com>.
Donald,

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
I'm still not seeing this problem....
My setup is -
    SLES10 w/ Sun 1.5.0_11 and Geronimo 2.0
    WinXP w/ Sun 1.5.0_11 and Geronimo 2.0

Both machines are on the same subnet and do not have IPv6 configured or
enabled on the Ethernet adapters.

 From SLES, the following works:
    deploy -host winxp list-modules
 From WinXP, the following works:
    deploy -host sles list-modules

Can you try disabling IPv6 if its not required for your setup?

-Donald

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>.

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Have you verified there is no firewall running on your Linux box and that the
Windows machine can ping the Linux box with the IP address you are using?

-Donald

Posted by Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,