Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Ca...@ibs-ag.com on 2011/09/30 19:27:38 UTC

FW: [ApacheDS] looking for simple config for password policy enforcement. -RESENT after subscribing

I would like to apply and enforce two different password policies to two different sub trees (that share the same root).

I see where the policies (I think ) are supposed to go.
ou=passwordPolicies,ads-interceptorId=authenticationInterceptor,ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config

The question is how does this policy then get linked or applied to a user?

In other directory servers, the pwdPolicy schema defines the policy object and all the supporting attributes (min/max pw length, etc).
Then the pwdPolicySubentry  attribute (on the user object) refers to the DN of the policy object and this is how it's enforced.

I can't seem to make the connection in ApacheDS how this occurs?
I've tried creating  ads-passwordPolicy object at the subtree level of my users. Doesn't work.
I've tried creating a simple pwdPolicy object but it cannot be saved because there's no structural objectclass associate with it.

Even if the functionality isn't fully implemented, I'd like to structure the directory correctly. Your help is most appreciated.