Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by srmore <co...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/03 16:07:54 UTC

Re: Cassandra performance decreases drastically with increase in data size.

Thanks all for the help.
I ran the traffic over the weekend surprisingly, my heap was doing OK
(around 5.7G of 8G) but GC activity went nuts and dropped the throughput. I
will probably increase the number of nodes.

The other interesting thing I noticed was that there were some objects with
finalize() methods, this could potentially cause GC issues.