Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ya...@trilogy.com on 2001/02/09 02:19:21 UTC

JSP error

Hi,

I just installed tomcat on my win2000 professional laptop. The servlet
works fine, but when I access the JSP samples, the following error happens,
which means the JSP engine has difficulty in compiling the servlet file it
just created by itself. I looked at the file, it declared the variable "t"
as Throwable , but pageContext.handlePageException(t) wants it to be
Exception. Any idea?

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP.
\work\localhost\examples\_0002fjsp_0002fnum_0002fnumguess_0002ejspnumguess_jsp_0.java:153:

Incompatible type for method. Explicit cast needed to convert
java.lang.Throwable to java.lang.Exception.
            if (pageContext != null) pageContext.handlePageException(t);

Thanks,

Yanrui