Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Java Developer <de...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/30 06:09:22 UTC

Object Relational Repository

We are evaluating using slide as our O/R solution. Is Slide meant to be used
as an object relational tool? For instance, does it support transparent
persistence, transactional cascading updates/deletes, object reference
caching, many-to-many and one-to-many and one-to-one relationships amoung
Java objects, strong validation and datatyping, and event based persistence
(i.e. beforeStore(), afterStore(), beforeDelete(), etc)? Or is there a more
appropriate tool for an object relational layer?

Thank you for your help,
Inquiring Mind