Posted to user@poi.apache.org by parthiprft <pa...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/24 05:17:48 UTC

maximum length of cell content is 32767 in HSSFWorkbook

Hi,

I'm using poi 3.11 version, while writing a lengthy string to the cell it
throws illegal argument exception: maximum length of cell content is 32767
in HSSFWorkbook.

is there any alternative available to set a lengthy string to the cell.

Thanks in advance!

Parthban

Re: maximum length of cell content is 32767 in HSSFWorkbook

Posted by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@mbcli.com>.
In an individual cell, 32767 characters is the Excel limit.  It has nothing
to do with POI but POI is rightly limiting so that you can't write a file
that you can't read or will not be as intended.

XLS format:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Excel-specifications-and-limits-16c69c74-3d6a-4aaf-ba35-e6eb276e8eaa?CorrelationId=001b704e-8d2f-494c-88de-6a035762ca14&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
XLSX format:
https://support.office.com/en-au/article/Excel-specifications-and-limits-ca36e2dc-1f09-4620-b726-67c00b05040f