Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Matteo Sotil Bertanzetti <ma...@infinity.es> on 2003/10/06 17:42:02 UTC

LogFactor5 and memory

I use LogFactor5 and when it's running it consumes a lot of memory, and sometimes crashes because lack of memory. I would like to know if there is some way to avoid it, or if there is some other similar program that solves the problem.
Is there some way to execute the program externally?.

I use a properties file with this:

log4j.rootLogger=ALL, dayRollingFile, logFactor5
log4j.appender.logFactor5=org.apache.log4j.lf5.LF5Appender

If I remove logFactor5, there is no memory problem.

Thank you,

Matteo

RE: LogFactor5 and memory

Posted by Ricardo Trindade <ri...@emation.pt>.
you can configure a socket appender in your app, and run logfactor5
externally.

there is also a sockethubappender, which will let chainsaw and lf5 connect
to the apps and see their log, but chainsaw and lf5 support for this is
still in CVS.