Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/07/01 03:58:40 UTC

Re: user@forrest.apache.org forrest 0.7 build a plugin problem index.html BROKEN: The string "--" is not permitted within comments.

Paul.Divine@alcatel.fr wrote:
> Thanks for the reponse, the ANT_HOME variable was not cleared.
>
> Now I have the following result.
>
> index.html        BROKEN: The string "--" is not permitted within
> comments.
> changes.html
> todo.html
>
> In the given plugin I did find any changes.xml or todo.xml files to serve
> as exemple.

If you want to use the projectInfo plugin then you would need to copy
an example status.xml from the projectInfo plugin to your plugin.

> Then I reduced the site.xml to a minimum ...

But you reduced the site.xml to a completely empty file.

> ...but I still have
>
> index.html        BROKEN: The string "--" is not permitted within
> comments.

Don't know what that problem is sorry.
I will try to find time to following the procedure myself.

-David

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Paul.Divine@alcatel.fr wrote:

>>Then I reduced the site.xml to a minimum ...
>

> But you reduced the site.xml to a completely empty file.
>

>>...but I still have
>>
>>index.html        BROKEN: The string "--" is not permitted within
>>comments.

Forrest has to start indexing from somewhere, by default that is
index.html, reducing site.xml to nothing will make no difference if you
have an error in index.xml.

I believe your index.xml file is not valid due to an edit you have made.

> I will try to find time to following the procedure myself.

David, to save you some time, I built a test plugin yesterday when I
first saw this report. I followed the How_To and it all worked fine for me.

Paul, please start again, but before editing anything do 'ant test' it
should (and does on my system) work without any problems. Once you know
you have a working plugin then try copying your index.html file from the
broken one into the new one. Does it still work?

This will at least confirm or disprove my suspicions.

Ross