Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Nate D'Amico <na...@reactor8.com> on 2015/01/08 21:48:20 UTC

bigtop at scale linux conference, feb 19-22

Hello BigToppers,

Some talk on list couple months back about promoting bigtop.  Along those
lines I suggested maybe participating in the SoCal Linux Conference (Scale):

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/13x

After some emailing with organizers we are setup for both a free booth, and
a pre-conference bigtop workshop day that runs the day before the
conference.

Right now attendees committed are:

-Cos

-Myself and colleague (Rich Pelavin)

I have created this doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wR4KE9m-b-vatCL1YXPViEvsNp6sgmEIXBSowKke
wpw/edit?usp=sharing

Using it currently to track info, ideas, participation, etc for the event.

We are doing an initial planning call tomorrow (Friday), at 3pm PST, time to
be finalized shortly.  Most likely cos will setup a google hangout.

If you are interested in participating and helping out at the conference add
your name to the doc, try to hop on planning call tomorrow, or just add your
2 cents to the doc even if you cant attend.

Nate D'Amico

Re: bigtop at scale linux conference, feb 19-22

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Guys,

I have linked two sceleton presentations to the Nate's initial planning
document (http://bit.ly/1M3T5Oa).

Roadmap preso:   http://bit.ly/1M3TmAL
Workshop agenda: http://bit.ly/1M3TnEU

Both presentations are pretty bare-bone right now: mostly has the overall
agenda for the talks. I will keep adding more information in it in the next a
few days. Please feel free to collaborate on it, if you have any spare cycles.

Nate: do you know what kind of info Scale folks are waiting from us?
Workshop's presentation and talk agendas? Presenter bios? Anything else?

Thanks,
  Cos

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks nate this is great news

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Thanks for starting this up Nate!

I'd like to encourage every one to attend if you can. The conference
organizers are very accommodative to our requests and as Nate mentioned we have
a lot of venue resources at our disposal, including booth and speaking slots.
Everyone is responsible for their own accommodations/travels though.

The conference is starting on February 18th and we need to submit our speaking
proposals ASAP. So if you can't make to the call - please use Nate's document
to share your thoughts/add ideas about what you want to do.

Thanks all in advance!