Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by lui bau <oc...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/10 23:44:11 UTC

how to get portal statistic infomation

  How do I get portal statistics information from my portlet?  I've  been looking for this the past few days and didn't get much infomation  about it..

  Thanks in advance.

  sue

---------------------------------

Re: how to get portal statistic infomation

Posted by lui bau <oc...@yahoo.com>.
I finally get the portal service instance from my portlet working.   Thanks Jacek's help!
My another question is about PortalStatistics API, what is the different between  getNumberOfCurrentUsers() and getNumberOfLoggedInUsers(), no matter how I test my portlet, I always get the same result.  In what situation should I get different result for this two API??

Thanks in advance for the help..

luibau

Jacek Wi¶licki <ja...@gmail.com> wrote: Wiadomosc od lui bau z 2006-05-12 22:50 brzmiala:

> Ah, thanks for the hints, I have the 2.0-FINAL..   Guess I have to upgrade to the latest verion..    :(
Only if you really need it (there are some major changes and bugfixes).
If not, just modify portlet.xml before deployment. This action is
required only if you edit jetspeed-portlet.xml, which is rather rare.

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com
tel.: +48 502 408 444
gg: 2540358
skype: jacek_wislicki

---------------------------------
Sneak preview the  all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.

Re: how to get portal statistic infomation

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by lui bau <oc...@yahoo.com>.
Ah, thanks for the hints, I have the 2.0-FINAL..   Guess I have to upgrade to the latest verion..    :(

  thanks!

  lui

Jacek Wi¶licki <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:  Wiadomosc od lui bau z 2006-05-12 20:54 brzmiala:

>   I can be able to get the UserManger instance, but not the PortalStatistics, why???
I don't know what version of Jetspeed you are using. There used to a bug
(described at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-464). If your
build is rather old, you must change also portlet.xml to force changes
in jetspeed-portlet.xml visible. Or create a row manually in
JETSPEED_SERVICES table.

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com
tel.: +48 502 408 444
gg: 2540358
skype: jacek_wislicki

---------------------------------

Re: how to get portal statistic infomation

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by lui bau <oc...@yahoo.com>.
I tried this, but I got null pointer exception for the statistic  services.  However I can get another service (UserManager) from my  portlet.

  Here's my jetspeed-portlet.xml

    <js:services>
      <js:service name='UserManager'/>
      <js:service name='RoleManager'/>
      <js:service name='GroupManager'/>
      <js:service name="Profiler" />
      <js:service name="SSO" />
      <js:service name='PortletRegistryComponent'/>
      <js:service name='PageManager'/>
      <js:service name='PortalStatistics'/>
    </js:services>

  </portlet-app>

  and here's my portlet code trying to get the PortalStatistics services.

  PortletContext context = getPortletContext();
  PortalStatistics statistics = (PortalStatistics)context.getAttribute(CommonPortletServices.CPS_PORTAL_STATISTICS);
  UserManager userManager = (UserManager) context.getAttribute(CommonPortletServices.CPS_USER_MANAGER_COMPONENT);

Posted by lui bau <oc...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for millions...

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Jacek Wiślicki z 2006-05-11 00:05 brzmiala:

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od lui bau z 2006-05-10 23:44 brzmiala: