Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Leonardo Mena <le...@montevideo.com.uy> on 2003/10/19 08:40:16 UTC

Problems returning interfaces

I have been trying to expose my app as a set of web services with Axis but can't resolve how to correctly export an interface. That is, some web service method returns an interface instead of a JavaBean (of course the concrete implementation is a JavaBean).

I tried mapping the interface to the concrete JavaBean but still have problems: an exception occurs with the message can't instantiate TreeFolder, but is the interface! I don't uinderstand why Axis tries to instantiate the interface...

Any sugestion?
Leo

DETAIL
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Unable to create JavaBean of type yae.server.plugins.services.organizer.TreeFolder.  Missing default constructor?  Error was: java.lang.InstantiationException: yae.server.plugins.services.organizer.TreeFolder.
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
 {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: AxisFault