Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/31 22:00:37 UTC

[DISCUSS] Review Board Opinions/Policy for Any23`

Hi All,

I thought I would  create this thread as the Review Board platform has
been floating around now for a bit and I wonder if we can leverage it
to improve/streamline the efficiency of Any23 community contributions.

So I thought I'd leave this thread nice and short.

1) I am new to Review Board. I don't know much about it. I haven't
used it before.
2) I am interested to see if we can make contributions and
particularly reviewing a more open and transparent process.
3) I want to hear what you guys think.

Some links which may be of interest [0][1][2]

Ta
Lewis

[0] https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/reviewboard_instance_running_at_the
[1] https://reviews.apache.org
[2] http://www.reviewboard.org/

--
Lewis

Re: [DISCUSS] Review Board Opinions/Policy for Any23`

Posted by Peter Ansell <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lewis,

I would prefer if we switched to Git before we institute a code review
system, as patches are much easier to maintain using Git, compared to
Subversion, making them easier to review as you can keep them up to
date easier, even if a review takes a while.

Cheers,

Peter