Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2006/06/07 06:04:44 UTC

Proxy Services & WSDL mediation and how Synapse would support WS-RM and WS-Sec initiation and termination

I have created a new Wiki page at
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/Synapse/InProgress/ to link to the
latest documents we are working on at any given time

I have initially described Synapse Proxy services (WSDL mediation) and
how WS-Sec/RM initiation and termination would work here
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/Synapse/InProgress/Features_and_Design

asankha

Re: Proxy Services & WSDL mediation and how Synapse would support WS-RM and WS-Sec initiation and termination

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Paul

Yes I am using the same idea as the empty service to engage/disengage
modules to support various QOS. Also I discovered a bug in the old code
where the same anonymous service was shared between messages to
engage/disengage - which is sure to cause problems when concurrent
processing occurs with different QOS. Saminda myself and Deepal came up
with a solution based on a proposal by Chamil yesterday to overcome
this, and I will commit the changes as soon as its ready. BTW.. the
empty service is no longer being used.

As Sandesha engaged globally does not mandate service invocations to use
RM, we can easily use RM termination (once the required policy support
is available) without worrying about messages being paused, and how RM
control messages would pass through Synapse etc. Let me writeup on it as
well in parallel to the implementation so that we could test it and
discuss it in detail.

asankha

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Asankha

I'm just working through this and it looks good.

My first comment is that we can also use the existing "empty" model to
support RM and Sec termination and initiation.

We used to do this for addressing. There is an EmptyMessageReceiver,
which does nothing, and then you pass the message through the service
with the required module engaged. This causes the module to act on the
message and then control is returned to the Synapse Mediator chain.

Paul

On 6/7/06, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> I have created a new Wiki page at
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/Synapse/InProgress/ to link to the
> latest documents we are working on at any given time
>
> I have initially described Synapse Proxy services (WSDL mediation) and
> how WS-Sec/RM initiation and termination would work here
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/Synapse/InProgress/Features_and_Design
>
> asankha

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle